Gran Canary tree plant surf mission
Gran Canaria tree plant surf mission
Do you want to help us reforesting the beautiful island of Gran Canaria? And what if you do that while you are enjoying good waves, good climate, really nice people, a city with many activitites, and many places worth a visit?
We are excited to run a surf camp long weekend in collaboration with Surf Camp Las Palmas. This unique surf school and camp situated in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria offers all this, so that you can plant your own tree in the "Surfer's Forest" environmental tree project.
Included in this package
- 3 days of accommodation in either Surf Camp Las Palmas or HiTide hostel, depending on availability, both of them right in front of Las Canteras beach.
- Surf lessons for beginners and intermediate (advanced lessons possible but not included).
- Beginner surfboards (maximum 10 surfboards) and wetsuits.
- Trip to Surfer’s Forest and planting a tree yourself.
- Material for beach volleyball, snorkeling, longboard, skate, etc. available for use.
- Live music tour every Saturday night at the beach promenade. Flight is not included, so contact us as soon as possible to get a good price!
The help factor
- Book your trip and you will be able to plant your tree in the Surfers’ Forest. This initiative is an amazing nonprofit project created by the Surf Camp Las Palmas with the main aim to provide surfers the chance to demonstrate their commitment to nature by reforesting Gran Canaria. In this way we can compensate the carbon footprint surfing creates e.g. caused by producing surfboards and wetsuits or traveling.
- Read more about this innovative project here.
Dates and prices
- Friday 13th to Monday 16th of May 2015 (Monday is a day off in Barcelona).
- Price: 130 €
For reservations and questions about the trip, email to joan.ayala(at)gmail.com