We are currently looking for an intern at our partner charity project Street Child based on Barcelona.
Street Child - Registered Charity No: 1128536
WANTED: Innovative intern at Street Child in Barcelona
Street Child is charity that currently runs programmes across Sierra Leone and Liberia and has established itself as a leading organisation providing quality and sustainable education to thousands of children. Managed out of our London headquarter, we have supported over 20,000 children to access education in the last five years. And we just launched a very exited new phase in Street Child’s development, the expansion outside of the UK into other European regions like the Netherlands, Germany and Spain.
At Street Child, we are proud of our volunteer-based approach and we are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed to our cause, and we are now looking for an innovative individual to support our expansion, marketing and fundraising in these new regions. We are looking for someone to commit to a 3 – 6 month internship based in Barcelona. The internship is unpaid, but some travel expenses will be reimbursed. You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager.
Below some examples of responsibilities, but there is room to adapt these based on the input and background of the candidate:
- Marketing and fundraising: support the research and launch of fundraising channels and activities in our new regions, e.g. crowdfunding, fundraising events, funding by trusts and foundations. Manage marketing activities, e.g. digital marketing search marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing and social media. Promote and communicate local and international events like the Sierra Leone Marathon. Build and update our international websites and marketing materials.
- Volunteer activation and coordination: help expand the volunteer network of Street Child and manage the support of our existing volunteers.
- Business development: Build and manage collaborations and partnerships e.g. with other organizations, events or companies.
- Event management: support planned events and develop new event ideas.
- Other: assist legal and accounting tasks, coordinate and support the translation of our international websites provided by our volunteers, office admin, etc.
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
We cannot pay you for your internship but for sure you can expect a lot of job experience, resume content, working in one of Barcelona’s most innovative co-working offices (www.mob-barcelona.com) with several business or social events per week, great co-workers, spending 3-6 months in Barcelona and good karma for supporting a good cause. Some travel expenses will be reimbursed
Key characteristics we are looking for: very independent working style, highly motivated and driven, innovative thinking, identify yourself with the mission of Street Child.
Areas of university studies include but are not limited to marketing, international relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs.
Lastly, excellent communication skills and knowledge of web, social media, Microsoft Office, etc. will be needed. English language skills are necessary, German, Dutch or Spanish are a plus.
The office set-up we use requires you to bring your own PC or mac notebook to work from.
To apply, or for any open question, contact Florian Weimert at email@example.com. For your application, please email your CV and a brief cover letter why you want to intern at Street Child.