Barrika Surf Camp - pure Basque Country
Learn to surf or bring you surfing to the next level at this unique surf school and camp situated right next to Sopelana and close to Europe's best river-mouth spot of Mundaka. And support Street Child as you surf.
Barrika Surf Camp - Basque Country/Spain
Location: Barrika, 20 min east of Bilbao in the heart of the Basque Country.
Telephone: 656 792 766 and 946 774 497
About the camp: We at Surf & Help organized multiple trips to Barrika over the last years and we can only give a big "thumbs up" to the camp manager Lurta and his team. The Barrika camp is a family run surf camp with over 8 years of experience, more than 2,700 guests served. Residing in a completely renovated 16th century farmhouse located at the stunning Basque coastline and close to surf the hot spot Sopelana and the world famous Mundaka break. Tourist hotel label of best practices since 2010. The Barrika camp offer great options if you want to learn to surf or improve your existing skills.
About the accommodation: Downstairs 6 people room with a private bathroom, upstairs group dorm for 20 peoples with their own separate bathrooms.
Testimonials: "With our volunteer group Surfrider Foundation Barcelona we organized four surf camp trips during the Eastern weekend and always had an awesome time. That is why we came back every year" Rodulfo Rodriguez, former President of Surfrider Barcelona.
Season: Barrika is open all year and also offers a interesting winter training program for surfer who want to improve their surfing.
* The camp is already running quality surf classes since 2007.
* Last year a skate ramp got installed, this year in 2015 new installations are coming, too. Learn to surf in and outside of the water.
How to get there: How to get there? Location of Barrika Surf Camp: Bilbao Airport (BIO) 19 km, Bilbao 24 km, San Sebastián 132 km, Mundaka 37 km. Train, buses and flights are available directly to Bilbao. The public transport infrastructure is really good in the Bilbao. And just contact the Barrika staff to organize a pick-up e.g. at the airport or train station.
Example surf camp package:
- 5 nights bed and breakfast + weekly course from Monday to Friday from 2 to 4 hours daily surfing with availability of kitchen. For all levels of surfing. 2 hours daily surf € 250 or 4 hours daily surfing € 325
- Accommodation 7 nights, full board with 3 meals daily, healthy diet designed for exercise 4 hours surfing daily surf lessons, divided into 2 classes (morning and afternoon) including materials, alternating daily activities to improve performance in the classroom, insurance, slacklining, carve board, long skate, half pipe, weather and history class, Sup, snorkel, BBQ and transfers to the beaches. € 598. All year. Except Eastern, July and August
More packages on the Barrika Surf Camp website.
We will send you the details and final price of our requested package before you decide on making your reservation.
The Help Factor
- All of our activities are supporting one specific good cause and as part of our partnership with Barrika Surf Camp we are supporting the work of the UK charity Street Child active in Sierra Leone and Liberia. Street Child currently is a front-runner in the fight against Ebola in the region.
- 5 percent of your booking amount at the camp will get donated to Street Child. See previous donations on our donation page.
How to make my reservation?
Step 1: Choose the package with dates you like to book either from the packages mentioned here or visit the Barrika Surf Camp website and submit our reservation request form. Questions? Just contact us or the Barrika team.
Step 2: We send you the details of your surf camp package including final price and payment details.
Step 3: You confirm your reservation and send payment.
In case of any questions on the camp, the packages, prices or the help factor, just contact us.