Surf & Volunteer Ecuador
NGO Taxi is looking for enthusiastic, committed volunteers for the summer of 2015 to work in one of South America’s favorite surfing locations!
“Surf & Volunteer” is a volunteer project conducted by and for surfers, people that want to learn to surf and for anyone who wants to help preserve nature and the ocean’s unique beauty. Join us, help protect our beaches, and keep our ocean clean; help bring our ocean reefs back to life and save endangered giant sea turtles from extinction.
01.09.2015 (Camp includes FREE Whale Watching Boat excursion)
01.12.2015 (Camp includes FREE Christmas party, New Year’s buffet and fireworks on the beach – in your bathing suit, of course)!
In the morning, you’ll work on the project. In the afternoon, you’ll learn a new trick or two riding the waves, from winners of South American surfing competitions. In the evening, you might lounge around the barbecue at camp. Afterwards, maybe head out to the campfire on the beach where you’ll gaze in wonder at the sunset’s ever dazzling, ever changing play of color, directly over the sea. Feast your eyes on it!
Mornings you’ll work with your volunteer group in one of the following areas:
- Construction of coral reef boxes for underwater installation.
- Construction and placement wood boxes to help protect baby sea turtles.
- Make observations of their breeding grounds and check their nests for eggs.
- Receive and care for injured marine wildlife at the small local rescue station – you may need to transport them to the marine biological institute nearby).
- Design books, fliers and posters for kids, in order to help them appreciate how unique and special their environment on the equator is.
- Help conduct workshops for children and adults related to the topic protecting nature and the environment.
- Organize beach conservation events, build and place signs and collection containers for plastic to be recycled.
PROGRAM EVENTS INCLUDE:
- Visits to a local craftsmen and women (“Artesanías”)
- Archaeological excursions
- Visit to a well-known local painter
- Mountain-bike trips to investigate in the local flora and fauna
- Optional: PADI-Diving courses (if interested, please make note of it on your application!
- Summary of key project information
PARTICIPATION WITH FRIENDS AND PRICES
With this project you can apply alone, but you’re also welcome to friends. However, the maximum number of participants is limited to 20 people.
- Minimum age: 18
- Surf & Volunteer camps begin:
- Duration: 4 weeks (Number of participants: max. 20 Personen)
- Where: Pacific coast of Ecuador/near Montañita
- Lodging: on-site
- Food: breakfast is included in camp fee
- Language ability:
–> Fluency in English is required, Spanish is highly desired
–> Language requirement can be fulfilled with a supplementary course
3 Weeks stay:
799€ (1 extra week only 100€)
includes lodging, breakfast and surfing course!