Baleal Surf Camp - our Portugal surf camp
You would like surf holidays and support a good cause at the same time? And go to one of Europe's most consistent surf spots? Baleal Surf Camp offers this combination located in on the unique surf peninsular Peniche in Portugal.
Baleal Surf Camp - Peniche, Portugal
Location: Baleal, Peniche in Portugal. Peniche is located in the center of west Portugal, about 90 km north of the country capital Lisbon, one of the true surf capitals in Europe. The variety of surf spots available providing unique consistency in Portugal but also the World Tour Championship presence every October are two of the main reasons for this claim.
Telephone: +351 261 769 277 (GMT 10-18.00)
About the camp: Baleal Surf Camp stands out for us at Surf & Help because of their special focus on environmental topics (more below). The houses you’ll be staying in are very close by the surf center. It’s an easy walk to the beach, where you’ll find your wetsuit, surfboard, and your surfing instructor.
Classes won’t have more than 8 students to every two-person (surfing instructor and surfing assistant) team. So progress in your surfing almost guaranteed:)
About the accommodation: The Hostel accommodation is the budget option. It is ideal for getting to know people from all over the world in a relaxed ambiance. The Baleal Hostels are less than 150m from the beach, the Surfbase and various surf spots in Baleal, Peniche. Included is: sleeping in a shared dorm, linen & blankets, equipped kitchen for self catering, free WiFi, cleaning of the accommodation every second day.
The 2nd options are apartments and rooms in Peniche and Baleal. All lodges are located a short walking distance to the beach and surf school.
Testimonials: Baleal Surf Camp has lots of positive feedback. Take a look at Tripadvisor.
Season: The camp is open all year round and also offers special themed surf camps during specific dates.
* Sustainability & social awareness: Baleal Surf Camp involve staff and guests on a proactive environmental & sustainable attitude, sometimes with Surfrider Foundation or activities like beach clean-ups, driving less and using water saving taps are some examples.
* The surfcamp is a family run business and it was the first camp established in Portugal back in 1993 and has become one of the best known surf schools on the Atlantic.
How to get there: The closest airport to Peniche is in Lisbon, about 90km south. From Lisbon you can catch a bus, it takes about 1h30m and stops in Peniche. Or by car you will make it from Lisboa do Peniche in about 70 minutes driving. There is also a pick up service, just contact the Baleal team.
If you need a flight to Portugal, take a look at our travel shop. If you book your flight via these search engines, Surf & Help will receive a little donation as commission of your booking;)
Surf camp package:
- Here the PDF with available packages 2015
- For example:
ALL-IN - ACCOMMODATION + SURF COURSE 2XDAY+ EQUIPMENT FULL USE - 7 night (5 days course) for 285 € (low season), 390 € (middle) or 545 € (high season)
We will send you the details and final price of our requested package before you decide on making your reservation.
The Help Factor
- All of our activities are supporting one specific good cause and as part of our partnership with the Baleal Surf Camp in Peniche we are supporting the eco work of the Surfrider Foundation Europe.
- At sometimes of the year the Baleal Surf Camp organizes special activities like beach clean-ups, surf baptisms and free surf experiences to impaired or social problematic children.
- 5 percent of your booking amount at the camp will get donated to Surfrider. See previous donations on our donation page.
How to make my reservation?
Step 1: Choose the package with dates you like to book either from the packages mentioned here or visit the Baleal Surf Camp website and submit our reservation request form. Questions? Just contact us or the Baleal team.
Step 2: We send you the details of your surf camp package including final price and payment details.
Step 3: You confirm your reservation and send payment.
In case of any questions on the camp, the packages, prices or the help factor, just contact us.