The Search Senegal
Searching for waves in Senegal and supporting a good cause at the same time. Dates SUN 8th of FEB - SUN 15th of FEB 2015.
Surf & Help is getting ready for the inauguration trip of 'The Search' in Senegal at the west coast of Africa. Going on a surf trip in the search for waves you have never seen nor surfed before is one of surfings' biggest source of joy. And doing so in an exotic and off-the-beaten-track environment makes it even more exciting. Thus 'The Search' adventures can't get missed and we are looking forward to our first edition in Senegal.
For this trip we ordered 2 water filters of the type 'Renegade' by Waves4Water which can produce over 8 million liters of clean water. The cost of these filters were 126 USD (103 EUR) and any donation towards this is of course very helpful for us.
The Help Factor
- All trips at Surf & Help are supporting one specific good cause and during this trip we brining along 2 water filters of Waves for Water which can provide 8 million liters of clean water.
- We will also look for local non-profit projects we can partner with in the future.
- Running our surf trips in a sustainable manner is top priority with all our travel, so we do everything we can to partner with local providers, community supporting guest houses, other charities etc.
- We will also run a beach clean-up during the trip.
- SUN 8th of FEB - SUN 15th of FEB 2015
- We start the trip staying at a surf camp in the easy to access Almadies Peninsula. From there we plan to spend several days in the north and/or south of the peninsula (depending on surf conditions) to search for surf.
- How to get to Senegal? You have plenty of flights available to Dakar-Léopold Sédar Senghor Airport. If you have any doubts about how to get, just contact us.
- Preperation: online purchase of visa for Senegal at a cost of 50 EUR, it is recomended to bring a 2 or 3mm wetsuit, we recommend health insurance that covers stays outside of our home country.
- For bookings or questions: use our contact form, email to flo(at)surfandhelp.org, or call at +34 645921506