The 2nd Search Senegal
Searching for waves in Senegal and supporting a good cause at the same time. Dates SUN 8th of FEB - SUN 15th of FEB 2015.
Surf and Help is getting ready for the inauguration trip of 'The Search' in Senegal at the west coast of Africa. Going on a surf trip in the search for waves you have never seen nor surfed before is one of surfings' biggest source of joy. And doing so in an exotic and off-the-beaten-track environment makes it even more exciting. Thus 'The Search' adventures can't get missed and we are looking forward to our first edition in Senegal.
Included in this package
- 7 days of accommodation in surf camps and local guesthouses
- Transport package including: 1. Airport pick-up and drop of from Dakar-Léopold Sédar Senghor Airport 2. Rental car all week. Only gas needs to covered.
- 24/7 presence of the Surf and Help tripe guide
- Donation to Street Child
- Charity project visit
The help factor
- All trips at Surf & Help are supporting one specific good cause and during this trip we brining along 2 water filters of Waves for Water which can provide 8 million liters of clean water.
- We will also look for local non-profit projects we can partner with in the future.
- Running our surf trips in a sustainable manner is top priority with all our travel, so we do everything we can to partner with local providers, community supporting guest houses, other charities etc.
- We will also run a beach clean-up during the trip.
- SUN 8th of FEB - SUN 15th of FEB 2015
- The accommodation is a double room occupancy or dorms up to 4 people.
- We start the trip staying at a surf camp in the easy to access Almadies Peninsula. From there we plan to spend several days in the north and/or south of the peninsula (depending on surf conditions) to search for surf.
- Price is excluding flights to Dakar. How to get to Senegal? You have plenty of flights available to Dakar-Léopold Sédar Senghor Airport. If you have any doubts about how to get, just contact us.
- Surf boards and surf classes are not included, but we help you with board rental and surf board classes provided by our local partner.
- Preperation: online purchase of visa for Senegal at a cost of 50 EUR, it is recomended to bring a 2 or 3mm wetsuit, we recommend health insurance that covers stays outside of our home country.
- Payments via Paypal: pay with all security via Paypal with your debit or credit card.
Reservations: - a deposit of 100€ is required for the reservation of your place. Refundable within 10 days notice prior to the date. The remaining amount is due 10 days before start of the trip.
For bookings or questions: use our contact form, email to flo(at)surfandhelp.org, or call at +34 645921506