Basque Africa Weekend
Special Africa surf weekend in the Basque Country
What have the Basque Country and West Africa's Liberia and Sierra Leone in common? Right, there are many big differences between the two regions, but both share great surfing with beautiful waves on offer.
Thus we are excited to run a very unique surf camp weekend clinic in collaboration with Barrika Surf Camp. Next to spending a great weekend of surfing and surf lessons in the Basque Country, we will take a close look at the unexplored but enormous potential for surfing in Liberia and Sierra Leone. And you will learn about the UK charity Street Child who is working in these two countries.
Included in this package
- 2 days of accommodation and breakfast included in Barrika Surf Camp residing in a completely renovated 16th century farmhouse located at the stunning Basque coastline and close to surf hot spot Sopelana and the world famous Mundaka break.
- 3 x 2h surf lessons provided by the Barrika Surf Camp surf instructors, 2 classes Saturday, 1 on Sunday. Lessons for beginners, intermediate and advanced.
- Surfboards and wetsuits for all levels from beginners boards to advanced surfer fiber-glass boards.
- Presentation about our charity partner Street Child and a Liberia surf movie.
- Short movie and photo collection edited by the Surf and Help team about the weekend.
- If you are interested in other activities to improve your surfing skills, such as skate on half pipe, yoga, carve boarding, yoga, slacklightning, etc., just let us know.
The help factor
- All trips at surf and help are supporting one specific good cause and during this trip we are supporting the work of the UK charity Street Child active in Sierra Leone and Liberia. During the weekend you will hear about the work of Street Child first-hand from a Street Child team member.
- All profits of this trip will get donated to the charity Street Child. The exact amount will get published 2 week after the trip.
- As the ebola virus is currently badly affecting Sierra Leone and Liberia, Street Child launched a response plan and all our donations will fund this important task.
Dates and prices - SPECIAL INTRODUCTION PRICE
- Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th of October 2014. 152€ including lunch and dinner on Saturday or 132€ excluding lunch and dinner.
- About Barrika Surf Camp: a family run surf camp with over 8 years of experience, more than 2,700 guests served. tourist hotel label of best practices since 2010.
- Accommodation: downstairs 6 people room with a private bathroom, upstairs group dorm for 20 peoples with their own separate bathrooms.
- Reservations: - a deposit of 50€ is required for the reservation of your spot. refundable within 10 days notice prior to the date. remaining amount 5 days before the date of the trip.
- How to get there? Location of Barrika Surf Camp: Bilbao Airport (BIO) 19 km, Bilbao 24 km, San Sebastián 132 km, Mundaka 37 km. Train, buses and flights are available directly to Bilbao. If you have any doubts about how to get here, just contact us (see below).
- For bookings or questions: use our contact form, email to flo(at)surfandhelp.org, or call at +34645921506.
- Just use the contact form, email to flo(at)surfandhelp.org or call at +34645921506.